The Bump Desktop Feedback

1. down syndrome

My daughter has Down syndrome. None of these "see what baby is up to this week" segments are applicable to her. At 36 weeks old, she cannot sit up on her own yet. She has no teeth. She doesn't clap her hands. Also, she will be exclusively breastfed until 12 months. All of your updates assume I started solids at 6 months.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. glossary of terms

I have no idea what all those acronyms are out there... was so excited to see you had a link to a glossary of terms but the link took me to a blank page! Is this being fixed? And does the glossary of terms include an explanation for all the codes and jargon that is flying around the community posts?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please fix Pregnancy Calendar

Since the website change, I can no longer check off my pregnancy calendar to-do's. The little check-off boxes are not showing up.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How do we edit our signature etc.

Trying to figure out how to edit signature for the forums?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks for writing into The Bump.

My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager here at The Bump.

You can edit your signature by,

1. Logging into your account at The Bump
    2. Entering any of our community forums. Try this one: http://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12535030/where-will-baby-sleep
    3. Tapping the icon in the top right corner that looks like a human profile; beside your notifications icon, inbox, and bookmarks
    4. Click “Edit Profile” in the drop-down menu
    5. Select “Signature Settings” in the left-hand side of your page
    6. Click “Save” once you’ve made your desired changes to your signature

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

5. very brand new look. wow ! Love it !

This is cool... I love it <3 !

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I can't access the baby website I created, I do not like the new layout it is harder to navigate.

When the site updated I was in the process of building my website and now I can't access it or get to my registry page to share with my friends and family.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No videos if you are TTC? Why not?

I have pregnant friends who use the bump and they get weekly videos. I like those videos but I can only see them if I classify myself as pregnant on the site. It would be nice to have weekly videos for women who are TTC.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I really don't like that you don't have all the things to check quickly in one centralized place.

I liked being able to check quickly "How Big is the Baby", and checking my Baby Calendar. Also, the countdown clock that told you how many days you had left is very missed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bring back the description for the week by week pregnancy posts on facebook

When you click share on the week by week pregnancy post for facebook, there is no longer a description that shows up along with the picture of the fruit. It now only shows what size fruit the baby is with no other info on the week or what's going on with the baby. It's only a picture of the fruit.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for writing in. My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager at The Bump.

You suggestion is a great one which we’ve received before. We are thoroughly reviewing our social share capabilities and are committed to making sharing as easy and beautiful as possible. We will take note of your interest in reintroducing the description for our week-by-week pregnancy posts.

11. Use a whole baby to show bathing, not just an injured one

I noticed in your bathing video your baby's foreskin has been damaged (appears to be missing); I have no problem with showing babies who have been injured, but you should show how to wash baby who is still whole and uninjured

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Weekly Checklist

I can't find the weekly checklist anymore. I loved looking at that and seeing what progress was made and what to look forward to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to view all boards

When I try to find a board under "community" as I did on the old layout, i am first "greeted" with a snapshot of recent happenings on my (dead) BMB and have to scroll way past it to find popular boards, then find the one I am looking for under yet another menu. What was wrong with the old lists of boards, I am sure we are all capable of finding our BMB without it taking over out attempts at viewing others (e.g. parenting, stay at home, tri boards)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. viewing favorite name list on mobile devices

It is not possible to view my "favorites" name list on my iPad or iPhone. The page is not shown in full and the right side column is cut off and can not be shrunk or scrolled to in order to see. Therefore, you must me on a desktop or laptop computer in order to view this list and that is very inconvenient for browsing and choosing names.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Navigation for week-by-week

The old way to navigate week by week was more efficient. The new way is hard to navigate and less intuitive. Should've been easier to select the week and info within. Now we go to google to search for the weekly info

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. use an online calorie counter and nutrition tracker

i use myfitnesspal and careot . Daily Online Calorie Counter to Lose Weight: Here is our calorie counter online, you can calculate calorie and nutirtion..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Every time you click the link for the badges, it reverts back to thebump.com main page.

Every time you click the link for the badges, it reverts back to thebump.com main page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I like the update a lot. However, I'd like to see an "add family" option in my profile.

I love this site and get on quite a bit, but I'd really like to add my children to my profile. I've shared the big parts of my life on here, like being pregnant, and would like to show that my children are also big parts of my life.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caelee,

My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager here at The Bump. Thanks for writing in.

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your pregnancy with The Bump and our community of parents. We your request is a popular one and what I’m able to share is an upcoming feature which will allow you to follow multiple children on The Bump. For example, if you’re pregnant with twins or a parent who is pregnant for a second time around, you will soon be able to follow all of your children on The Bump. Stay tuned!

19. Disclose what other sites you gave my email address to, I'm apparently on multiple email lists that I did not sign up for

Hi, ever since I updated my info on this website, I've gotten multiple emails from unfamiliar companies. I'm unsubscribing from them piecemeal but is it possible to somehow see them all and unsubscribe all at once? Or is there an Opt-Out for selling my info to other companies? I'm not interested in clogging my inbox with baby ****.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Baby Name Tool Should Have More Filters

If I want to browse by origin, I should also be able to filter by letter, and filter by gender of the baby.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The Bump Desktop Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base