The Bump Desktop Feedback

1. Add Adoption as a Option in My Profile

Under My Account, Profile, My Status you show Trying to Conceive, Pregnant, and Parent. Add a option for Adopting. We are also pregnant - it just happens to be that we are pregnant on paper.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Amount of Content

Before this new change, it seemed like there was much more content on the site. I am not all that happy with the lack of content that I am seeing since this change has taken place.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Liz,

Thanks for writing in. It’s always great to hear from members like you who want to see more content from The Bump. We have many ambitions to introduce exciting new content in 2015. Today, you’ll find much of our newest content on the site within the feed of the various channel pages. These feeds with continue to grow in the coming months as we begin to scale our content efforts. Stay tuned!

3. Gender preferences, please!

I would love it if there was a gender preference for my baby-to-be. All the pronouns are feminine (she, her) and it'd be nice if there was a way to customize that once I find out the *** of my baby. It's great if it turns out I'm having a girl, but if I'll be having a boy, it's a little alienating.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for providing us feedback! We hope you’re enjoying your experience with The Bump.

Your request is a popular one. For now, as you’re experiencing, what you’re reading on our site is exactly what our editors have written and can’t be customized. You’ll find a mix of “he” and “she” throughout, with “she” being a little more prominent.

It’s definitely on our list to add this feature. It’s not a simple fix, however, given the thousands of articles on TheBump, but it’s one that we’re committed to making.

Thanks again for your feedback!

4. Fix website size

Website improvements were definitely needed! Optimize the menu bar to fit different web browsers. I can't even see the whole menu bar and my Chrome window is fully maximized on my laptop.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We’re glad that you like The Bump’s new look! Could you tell us what your current magnification setting is in your Chrome browser? Sometimes when the magnification (or zoom) setting is increased above 100% you may have difficulty seeing our top menu. If you’d like, try reducing your zoom and let us know if the problem persists. Here’s a resource from Chrome support that ay be helpful as well: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en.

5. "Community" drop down neglects loss and infertility

The three main options make it difficult to find the boards regarding losses and infertility. It seems with the new changes that these groups are not welcome or part of the new image.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your input with us.

We strive to support all of the women and men who visit The Bump throughout their personal journeys, and are taking your feedback to heart.

Our team will be making changes in the near future that incorporate your suggestions, including making the Loss and/or IF boards more visible. We look forward to hearing your thoughts once these improvements go live.

6. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Find a happy medium.

You went from one extreme-- having way too much clutter suggesting articles, community, etc., to another extreme-- in which the website is basically a giant replication of your app. The website should be a happy medium between these two. Perhaps you could include my information and updates at the top/center, and then in a sidebar or other somewhat prominent location, a box similar to the one featured top/center in the old website-- but tailored to my time of pregnancy or parenthood.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jacci,

My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager here at The Bump.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Our intention in creating the new site was to make your relevant information more accessible upon visiting the site. We are certainly committed to making frequent improvements that make the site more personalized, useful and delightful for our members like you.

8. "community" drop down menu directs you in a confusing way

When you choose the 'community' drop down, there are three sections (getting pregnant, pregnancy and babies) but when you choose the 'see all' for any of the three, you then are directed to a main page of ALL the boards. This is confusing because now I have to choose a section that is labeled differently (here we have month clubs, message boards and groups). It's confusing because i was looking for 'getting pregnant' but now I can't see which boards are in that category because they are all lumped as 'message boards'.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Your suggestion is a great one that we will review in greater detail. Given the volume of community boards on The Bump it is important that the boards which you consider relevant are easily accessible. We look forward to sharing an improved display of our community boards in the near future.

9. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for writing us and welcome to the new feedback forum for The Bump. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing some trouble viewing your name lists. At this time we cannot reproduce your issue. Could you share some additional details about what you’re seeing? We’re here to help!

10. How do we edit our signature etc.

Trying to figure out how to edit signature for the forums?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks for writing into The Bump.

My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager here at The Bump.

You can edit your signature by,

1. Logging into your account at The Bump
    2. Entering any of our community forums. Try this one: http://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12535030/where-will-baby-sleep
    3. Tapping the icon in the top right corner that looks like a human profile; beside your notifications icon, inbox, and bookmarks
    4. Click “Edit Profile” in the drop-down menu
    5. Select “Signature Settings” in the left-hand side of your page
    6. Click “Save” once you’ve made your desired changes to your signature

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

11. Bring back the description for the week by week pregnancy posts on facebook

When you click share on the week by week pregnancy post for facebook, there is no longer a description that shows up along with the picture of the fruit. It now only shows what size fruit the baby is with no other info on the week or what's going on with the baby. It's only a picture of the fruit.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for writing in. My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager at The Bump.

You suggestion is a great one which we’ve received before. We are thoroughly reviewing our social share capabilities and are committed to making sharing as easy and beautiful as possible. We will take note of your interest in reintroducing the description for our week-by-week pregnancy posts.

12. Use a whole baby to show bathing, not just an injured one

I noticed in your bathing video your baby's foreskin has been damaged (appears to be missing); I have no problem with showing babies who have been injured, but you should show how to wash baby who is still whole and uninjured

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I like the update a lot. However, I'd like to see an "add family" option in my profile.

I love this site and get on quite a bit, but I'd really like to add my children to my profile. I've shared the big parts of my life on here, like being pregnant, and would like to show that my children are also big parts of my life.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caelee,

My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager here at The Bump. Thanks for writing in.

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your pregnancy with The Bump and our community of parents. We your request is a popular one and what I’m able to share is an upcoming feature which will allow you to follow multiple children on The Bump. For example, if you’re pregnant with twins or a parent who is pregnant for a second time around, you will soon be able to follow all of your children on The Bump. Stay tuned!

• Don't see your idea?

The Bump Desktop Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base