The Bump Desktop Feedback

1. The homepage requires way too much scrolling to find the content I would like to pursue.

The homepage seems extremely long and requires a lot of time scrolling and trying to make sense out of the 'headline' topics, yet it seems like there's less content available on the homepage overall. Also, when you hover over the community header, it's frustrating that not all the boards are visible and it requires yet another click and a lot more scrolling on the following page to see all the options there. I think in the end that's going to cut way down on the traffic to the boards that aren't immediately visible on the hover. When I click on…

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. no more option to click on a certian week?

I don't like how on the new layout, you cant choose a specific week anymore. It just shows the picture of what the baby is as big as in comparison. But until you scroll down to and see "symptoms at 14 weeks"(for example) you would have no idea unless you counted from the top that you were looking at week 14. shouldn't that be in bold on the top next to the fruit or veggie pictures? im confused.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Baby Week by Week more accessible from the homepage

This new interface is definitely not as user friendly as the previous one. It takes a lot more hassle to find things that were so easy before. Fix it!

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Adoption as a Option in My Profile

Under My Account, Profile, My Status you show Trying to Conceive, Pregnant, and Parent. Add a option for Adopting. We are also pregnant - it just happens to be that we are pregnant on paper.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Amount of Content

Before this new change, it seemed like there was much more content on the site. I am not all that happy with the lack of content that I am seeing since this change has taken place.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Liz,

Thanks for writing in. It’s always great to hear from members like you who want to see more content from The Bump. We have many ambitions to introduce exciting new content in 2015. Today, you’ll find much of our newest content on the site within the feed of the various channel pages. These feeds with continue to grow in the coming months as we begin to scale our content efforts. Stay tuned!

6. Gender preferences, please!

I would love it if there was a gender preference for my baby-to-be. All the pronouns are feminine (she, her) and it'd be nice if there was a way to customize that once I find out the *** of my baby. It's great if it turns out I'm having a girl, but if I'll be having a boy, it's a little alienating.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for providing us feedback! We hope you’re enjoying your experience with The Bump.

Your request is a popular one. For now, as you’re experiencing, what you’re reading on our site is exactly what our editors have written and can’t be customized. You’ll find a mix of “he” and “she” throughout, with “she” being a little more prominent.

It’s definitely on our list to add this feature. It’s not a simple fix, however, given the thousands of articles on TheBump, but it’s one that we’re committed to making.

Thanks again for your feedback!

7. Fix website size

Website improvements were definitely needed! Optimize the menu bar to fit different web browsers. I can't even see the whole menu bar and my Chrome window is fully maximized on my laptop.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We’re glad that you like The Bump’s new look! Could you tell us what your current magnification setting is in your Chrome browser? Sometimes when the magnification (or zoom) setting is increased above 100% you may have difficulty seeing our top menu. If you’d like, try reducing your zoom and let us know if the problem persists. Here’s a resource from Chrome support that ay be helpful as well: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en.

8. "Community" drop down neglects loss and infertility

The three main options make it difficult to find the boards regarding losses and infertility. It seems with the new changes that these groups are not welcome or part of the new image.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your input with us.

We strive to support all of the women and men who visit The Bump throughout their personal journeys, and are taking your feedback to heart.

Our team will be making changes in the near future that incorporate your suggestions, including making the Loss and/or IF boards more visible. We look forward to hearing your thoughts once these improvements go live.

9. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quit minimizing your loss communities

You've had a ton of input on this, from your AL members, from your wonderful former AL mod, across different boards and in multiple posts. A significant portion of your users - or at least, former users - have dealt with pregnancy and/or child loss, and they were often the users who stick around and lent much to this site. It saddens me to think of the women coming here now who have to deal with the incredible insensitivity not only of other site users but within the design of the site itself.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Trouble getting to my baby name favourites

There's a programming rendering issue when you get to the baby name section. I can see my last five names at the right of the screen, but the page doesn't allow me to scroll sideways to select View All Favourites. There's a grey box at the left of the screen pushing all the information to the right. Ads are cut in half as well. Maybe add a direct link to My Baby Name Favourites to the Tools and Resources section. I'd like to review our baby names with my spouse as we're team green, and baby is due in a…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Print out of the photos

I had updated my photos month by month on the bump app. I would really like if you can add the feature of print so that i can print those photos and cherish those memories

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Find a happy medium.

You went from one extreme-- having way too much clutter suggesting articles, community, etc., to another extreme-- in which the website is basically a giant replication of your app. The website should be a happy medium between these two. Perhaps you could include my information and updates at the top/center, and then in a sidebar or other somewhat prominent location, a box similar to the one featured top/center in the old website-- but tailored to my time of pregnancy or parenthood.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jacci,

My name is Jeremy and I’m a Product Manager here at The Bump.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Our intention in creating the new site was to make your relevant information more accessible upon visiting the site. We are certainly committed to making frequent improvements that make the site more personalized, useful and delightful for our members like you.

14. I like the new look, but where are the checklists?

I dislike how the checklists aren't in a centralized place anymore. They're also not available under tools. That's one of my favorite features on this site!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make the navigation bar click only.

It is counterproductive to have the navigation bar drop down when simply scrolling over it. It is especially aggravating when you're scrolling past it to get to something else.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Changing weeks is tough. I want to jump from 37 to earlier weeks like week 12.

What if I want to jump from week 37 back to week 14? Don't want to click through the top menu a bunch of times to get there.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for writing in! You can find our community boards be dragging your cursor over “Community” in the far left of the green menu bar. You will then see a menu displaying our community boards. If you click one, you’ll be direct to all boards related to that subject. Thanks for visiting The Bump! We’re glad you’re here.

19. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pregnancy Nutrition Tracker

It would be nice if the bump could develop a mobile pregnancy nutrition tracker which utilizes teh following features: a barcode scanner, a large food database with the options to add food and home recipes like My Fitness Pal.

It would be based off of your pregnancy nutrition guidelines (see below). I've searched and haven't found one for pregnant women that is easy to use. With the features Moms are looking for.

Keep track of your daily intake to make sure you (and baby!) get all the nutrients you need.

□ Prenatal Vitamin
    □ Whole Grains and Legumes (6 or…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?